Is family coming to town and you don't have room to host the dinner? Does your business need some meeting space away from the office? Are you planning a graduation party, wedding reception or bridal shower? The Colonial Club can help!
We have a variety of rooms available to rent. Our largest room, the Cremer Auditorium can seat over 200 people and with a beautiful wood floor, sound system and stage, it's perfect for dancing. We also have smaller rooms, including our front lounge, complete with fireplace and widescreen t.v. With our commercially-licensed kitchen, we can also provide the meals for your events. From tasty cranberry meatballs to fresh baked chocolate chip cookies and a beer/wine license, we are equipped to meet your party needs. Have a favorite caterer? We can work with you on that, too!
Banquet and Room Rental Information
Alcohol Regulations for Rentals
- The Colonial Club has a beer and wine license with the City of Sun Prairie. All beer and wine must be purchased through the Colonial Club. We will provide a licensed bartender. Staff will contact the person in charge of the rental to obtain the liquor order no later than two (2) weeks prior to the event. Order must be paid for the week before the event.
- No liquor is to be brought onto the property of Colonial Club by anyone in the rental party or their guests. If any liquor (beer, wine, alcoholic beverages, or hard liquor) is brought onto our property at any time during your event by you or your guests, your entire security deposit will be forfeited.
- Any unused liquor (untapped barrels, unopened bottles of wine, unused cases of beer, untouched cases of wine coolers) will be returned to the distributor by Colonial Club staff and a refund for that amount will be returned to the renter no later than one week following the event.
- No leftover alcohol, opened or unopened will be sent home with the renter under any condition. Opened alcohol will be disposed of by the Rental Supervisor. Refunds are not given for partially used kegs, open bottle of wine or partially used case of wine coolers. A refund will be given for any half case of beer leftover.
- Open bottle of wine or champagne will not be set on tables unless there are no minors in the room.
- Renters are responsible for their guests and their actions while in the building and on the grounds. The Colonial Club staff or contracted bartenders reserve the rights to refuse beverage service to guests.
- No alcohol will be served after 11:00pm. No alcohol will be served to individuals under 21 years of age, even if accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Food Regulations for Rentals
- The Colonial Club has a licensed commercial kitchen. Therefore, it is against regulations for any food to be brought in that has been prepared in a private home or an unlicensed facility. All food served at rentals MUST come from a licensed kitchen. Food may be purchased through the Colonial Club , grocery store deli, a fast food restaurant, a licensed caterer or any other facility that has a commercial kitchen (a copy of the license will need to be provided prior to the event if it is a private caterer).
- Renters who bring in food purchased from a licensed kitchen (as opposed to having the caterer deliver) are responsible for following safe food practices and making sure proper temperature controls are followed. We ask that you keep hot food hot and cold food cold on the drive to the building. Food should NOT be at room temperature for more than four hours at the most. You can use our refrigerator before the event for short term storage. We do not allow the use of our ovens or stovetop.
- All food brought in by the renter will be removed by them at the end of the event. Please bring containers to transport the food home. Be sure to get it home quickly and refrigerate. For some foods it is best to throw away after sitting out for 4 hours at room temperature. Example: meats, cheese, eggs, salads with mayonnaise, casseroles, dips, etc.
Room Set Up
2 weeks prior to the event, Colonial Club Building and Grounds Coordinator will contact renter to discuss room set up. When our auditorium, front lounge/dining room, or ADC main activity are being used, you will be responsible for coming in to help set up for your event as well as take down. Any special requests for an item Colonial Club does not possess will be renters' responsibility.
Security deposit is required for all events and will be half of room rental fee. The security deposit will be in addition to the all other fees that will be due. Security deposit (or portion of) will be used to cover any damages to Colonial Club property that may be caused by you or your guests. The security deposit will also be used to cover any extra staff time needed for cleanup, or other maintenance concerns after the event. If there are damages or extra clean up time required to the facility, you will receive a phone call from a Colonial Club representative within 5 business days after your event. If there is no phone call, your security deposit will be returned within 30 days after the event. The security deposit will be returned to the party that made the initial payment. Note: It is your responsibility to insure we have your correct mailing address and phone number.
For a wedding reception only, decorating and set up time will be available from 1pm-4pm the day prior to the event and 2 hours prior to the event start time. For all other events, the room(s) rented will be available 30 minutes prior to your event start time and 30 minutes after rental end time for clean up. For wedding receptions, please refer to decorating for what is permitted. We reserve the right to charge for additional room time up to $25 for every 15 minutes you remain in the building. No room will be rented past 12:00 a.m., absolutely no exceptions. No alcohol will be served after 10:30pm. All guests, members of wedding parties, etc., must be out of building and building locked by 12:30 am.
Colonial Club, Inc. does not permit the affixing of anything to the walls, floors, or ceilings of rooms with nails, staples, tape or any other substance, unless the Building and Grounds Coordinator has given approval. The cost of damages due to unauthorized or careless decorating will be added to your event billing. Open flame candles are not allowed on the premises (votive candles in glass containers are acceptable). No confetti, glitter, birdseed or rice is allowed. Please advise Building & Grounds Coordinator what is being used for decorations.
Catering is available through the Colonial Club. If you do not use the Colonial Club caterer, all food will need to be prepared and brought in by a licensed cater. A copy of their license will be required prior to the event.
All alcoholic beverages will be purchased through the Colonial Club at market value. Beer and wine are the only alcoholic beverages allowed in the building. No alcoholic beverage can be sold by you during event. No hard liquor allowed. We will provide a licensed bartender for the event.
Colonial Club, Inc. assumes no liability for the loss of or damage to any merchandise or articles left in our facility prior to, during, or following any function. By signing this contract, the party agrees to hold harmless the Colonial Club, Inc. for any loss or damage.
Functions that have live music, D.J. music, or other entertainment must conclude no later than 12:00 a.m. sharp. All guests, members of wedding parties, etc. must be out of the building and the building locked by 12:30 a.m. At our discretion, we reserve the right to deny the planned performance of any D.J., live band, musician/entertainer with whom we have experienced or anticipate problems. Due to the residential setting and courtesy to our neighbors, Colonial Club reserves the right to require music at appropriate sound levels.
Smoking is not permitted in the building.
Release Waiver for Promotional Purposes
Unless expressly forbidden in writing to Colonial Club, Colonial Club, Inc. may use pictures of your event to promote various aspects of our catering service or facility rental operation. This may include pictures of you, your family, friends, and/or business associates.
Schedule of Payments
Security deposit, which is half of the room rental fee, is due upon signing of the contract. The security deposit will be in addition to any other fees. The remainder of the room rental fees and any miscellaneous fees are due 10 business days before the event. Additional charges incurred at the event will need to be paid in full within 10 business days after the event.
Cancellations at least 60 days prior to scheduled event will result in a loss of half of the security deposit. Cancellations after 60 days prior to the scheduled event will result in a loss of the entire security deposit. Cancellations within 5 business days of scheduled event will result in a loss of entire security deposit and half of the total room fee.
I agree to observe all the guidelines set forth by the Colonial Club so that all participants of our event have a safe experience and no damage is done to the Colonial Club. I assume all risks associated with holding an event in this building and with all such risks being known and appreciated by me. Having read this release and knowing these conditions listed above, and in consideration of you accepting my event, I, for myself, the organization I represent and anyone entitled to act on my behalf, waive and release Colonial Club, Inc. and all municipalities where the event is held, and all sponsors, their representatives and successors, from all claims or liability of any kind arising out of this event being held on Colonial Club premises.
(up to 8 hours)
(up to 8 hours)
|Auditorium - Wedding Receptions |
|Auditorium - All other events |
|Front Lounge/Dining Room |
(set up as is)
(if furniture is removed w/ set up required)
|ADC Main Activity Area & Kitchen |
(set up as is)
(If furniture is removed w/set up required)
(must be trained to use the lab)
|No food and beverages allowed in this room|
Board Room, Lamplighter Room, The Gathering Place, ADC Conference Room
|No alcohol allowed in these rooms|
|Fresh Brewed Coffee|
(we provide coffee and cups)
$100 - 100 cups
$50 - 50 cups
|Table Settings for 110 people|