2016-2017 Board of Directors
- President, Dale Nelson
- Vice President, William Eisinger
- Secretary, Kathy Schmitz
- Treasurer, Mary Kay Weston
- Amy Smith
- Jo Kiesow
- Kay Schoonmaker
- Marian Kontek
To advise, govern, oversee policy and direction, and assist with the leadership and general promotion of Colonial Club Inc. so as to support the organization's mission and needs.
Mission or purpose statement
The Colonial Club Senior Activity Center is a progressive community-based nonprofit organization dedicated to enhancing the health and dignity of older adults in Northeast Dane County. Using consensus, empowerment and teamwork, we provide activities and services to meet the needs of our clientele. As an all inclusive organization and in conjunction with our Board, Advisory Council, volunteers and staff, we foster individuality, independence and inspiration for all seniors.
- Organizational leadership and advisement
- Organization of the board of directors, officers, and committees
- Formulation and oversight of policies and procedures, including annual review of Board bylaws
- Financial management, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget
- Development and oversight of long and short term strategic planning
- Adopts personnel policies that are carried out by Executive Director
- Annual work performance review of Executive Director
- Promotion of the organization
- Fundraising and outreach
*Members of the board share these responsibilities while acting in the interest of the Colonial Club. Each member is expected to make recommendations based on his or her experience and vantage point in the community.
Length of term
Three years, which may be renewed up to a maximum of three consecutive terms, pending approval of the board.
Meetings and time commitment
- The board of directors meets every other month on the fourth Thursday of the month at 5:15 p.m. at Colonial Club. Due to holidays, November and December meeting dates will be re-scheduled at the Board's discretion.
- Committees of the board meet as frequently as needed, given their respective work agenda.
- Board members are asked to attend agency fundraising/special events as appropriate.
Expectations of board members
- Attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis, and special events as able
- Participate on a standing committee of the board, and serve on ad-hoc committees as necessary
- Be alert to community concerns that can be addressed by the Colonial Club's mission, objectives and programs
- Help communicate and promote the Colonial Club mission and programs to the community