We are pleased to present the 2012 Colonial Club Annual Report. On the following pages, you will find highlights of the 2012 year, including both a financial and programmatic retrospective.
As a "Treasure for All Seasons," the Colonial Club works day in and day out to ensure that the much needed programs and services for older adults and their family remain intact. In a larger context, however, the Colonial Club recognizes its importance as an agency that can help the community define what aging means. Like so many other stereotypes in our society, older adults are often portrayed as feeble or weak, unable or unwilling to remain civically-engaged. The Colonial Club wants to change those stereotypes.
Did you know:
- Older adults are more likely than any other age group to spend their disposable income?
- 76% of Boomers intend to work well into their 70s?
- Three in four people ages 65 and over rate their health as good, very good, or excellent?
- More than 90% of older adults have no functional limitations requiring help from others?
- By 2050, there will be 601,000 centenarians in the United States?
- 55% of Boomers use social network sites?
- Top five websites for adults 55-64: Google, Yahoo!, MapQuest, Amazon, Facebook?
- Nearly half of adults ages 75 and older say their life has turned out better than they expected?
President, Board of Directors